REPRESENT NESSE AT ISGC 2019!
NESSE is partnering with the International Symposium of Green Chemistry (ISGC), the flagship international green chemistry conference, to be held in La Rochelle, France from 13-17 May 2019. Two years ago, a team of NESSE representatives attended the ISGC and hosted a sustainable science session – which you can find an overview of on the NESSE blog.
This year, we are excited to announce that we are looking for two people to be involved with the organisation of the conference and host NESSE activities at the conference. This is a fantastic opportunity to gain experience in the organisation of a flagship international conference in sustainable science, gain experience in event organising and gain free entrance to this fantastic conference.
What you will do:
- Be a member of the ISGC 2019 organising committee (2 person)
- Participate in decision-making about early-career activities at the conference and within the programme
- Plan and host activities at the conference – such as an early-career social evening, ‘meet the editors’ publishing workshop
- Host the NESSE stand at breaks during the conference
- Communicate before, during and after the conference including tweeting, writing a blog and interviewing scientists (support will be provided!)
- Liase with the NESSE Executive Board to plan and organise the event
What you will gain:
- Free registration to the ISGC 2019 conference (you will need to cover your own travel and accommodation expenses although we can try to help you find sponsors)
- Involvement and experience in organising a large international conference
- Recognition from NESSE about your role in the event
- A fantastic networking opportunity to meet leading green chemistry researchers and innovators as the representative of NESSE
To apply, visit the NESSE website for further details and complete the application form by 31 January 2019.
Please note: you must be able to commit to attending the conference to apply for this role and we cannot guarantee subsistence funding.