Think your institution or community could use more green science or green engineering? Want to meet like-minded people and talk about sustainable science? Start a sustainable science group!
NESSE supports new and existing sustainable science groups by providing resources, information, publicity, and connections with other groups and individuals within our network.
What exactly do sustainable science groups do?
NESSE-affiliated sustainable science groups are varied, autonomous groups who share a desire to promote sustainable science and engineering at their institutions, support NESSE’s aims and values, and do any of the following:
- Build an early-career sustainable science network on their campus or within their community
- Promote knowledge about sustainable science and research
- Promote greening of research and labs
- Promote the incorporation of sustainable science and engineering into undergraduate and graduate courses
- Host public awareness and educational activities
How do I set up a group?
- Find out about existing active groups and see if there is one near you.
- Read our information on getting started.
- Contact us to let us know you’re interested! We can answer any questions you have and give you the support you need. Email us at email@example.com.
Already running a group?
Are you already involved in a group that fits in with NESSE’s aims and values? Affiliate with NESSE to get access to resources, share your ideas with the wider world and help build a bigger community for sustainable science & engineering. Email us for an affiliation form at firstname.lastname@example.org so we can start helping to get the word out about your group!